Saturday, February 28, 2009

How Many Therapists Does It Take To Change a Light Bulb? None. The Light Bulb Has To Want To Change.

The Everything Psychology Book says it all. The "Everything" series helps you to you really understand whatever topic you may be interested in or perhaps studying for. This particular book explores the human mind and what it's capable of. I've been reading up on the complexities such as desires and the unconscious, perception and learning, and emotions and personality. Do we all have the same emotions? What are dreams? Why do we do the things we do? What is cognitive therapy? Cingulotomy? Both Doctor Lynda L. Warwick and Lesley Bolton have corroborated and produced a very entertaining and informative book to help expand the mind.

This is actually my second book that has to do with the field of Psychology; my first being Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy by Tao Lin. That book was a little confusing, but highly satisfying. It's a series of poems that Tao Lin attempts to explain the possible origins, ends, and cures of anger, worry, despair, obsession, and confusion, while concurrently experiencing those things in various contexts including a romantic relationship and the arbitrary nature of the universe. I'm going to be honest, I sort of copy and pasted that last part partly due to the fact that i just got home from my play rehearsal and the book is just too out there to explain at the moment, but nonetheless very creative.

Psychology may become a possible career choice down the road for it just perplexes me how we humans function. Apparently, I've heard that those who don't know what they want to major in or pursue they wind up taking psychology. I don't know whether that's true or false, but i know that it's definitely something i would consider. I've been enjoying this book a lot and it's great for anyone who would like to work in this field or who just wants to learn some new and interesting facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment